Posts for tag: Orthopaedic Surgeon
If you have shoulder pain, arthritis, or fractures of the shoulder, you can trust Dr. Roger Pollock, your orthopaedic surgeon in Paramus, NJ, for proper treatment and care.
What Is an Orthopaedic Surgeon?
Orthopaedic surgeons are specialists who diagnose and treat disorders affecting your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Dr. Pollock has received fellowship training in shoulder surgery and has extensive experience to provide high quality surgical and non-surgical treatment for disorders of the shoulder in patients ranging from adolescents to seniors.
When you go to see Dr. Pollock in Paramus, NJ, he'll begin by evaluating your condition. A thorough history, physical exam and x-rays can help identify the cause of your discomfort and develop your treatment plan.
When to See an Orthopaedic Surgeon
Shoulder pain or dysfunction are signs that you should see Dr. Pollock. If you have pain that makes even the simplest tasks such as reaching for something on the top shelf impossible, you should schedule your next appointment. Other conditions that warrant a visit to your orthopaedic surgeon include:
- Shoulder pain
- Shoulder arthritis
- Sports injury to the shoulder
- Fracture of the shoulder
- Rotator cuff tendinitis or tears
- Shoulder dislocations
- Labral tears
How Your Orthopaedic Surgeon Can Help You
After diagnosing your condition, he will develop a treatment plan beginning with conservative therapies. Sometimes, a simple change in posture can improve your condition. Therapies that your orthopaedic surgeon can use to treat your musculoskeletal problems include:
- Medication- Your doctor might prescribe medication to relieve your pain and inflammation. Muscle relaxers might also help improve your condition.
- Physical Therapy- If you're having trouble using your shoulder, we can improve mobility through physical therapy.
- Exercise- An exercise routine helps promote recovery and prevent re-injury.
- Surgery- When your condition fails to improve with conservative therapies, you may need surgery.
If you're having trouble moving your shoulder or you experience joint pain and inflammation, call (201) 612-9774 today to book an appointment. Dr. Pollock, your orthopaedic surgeon in Paramus, NJ, can help.
How your orthopaedic surgeon in Bergen County, NJ, can help you
If you have a shoulder injury, you may be tempted to just sit on the couch. The truth is, inactivity can make an injured area stiff, and you can lose mobility and range-of-motion. A better solution is to seek out the services of your Bergen County orthopaedic surgeon.
Dr. Roger Pollock in Bergen County, NJ, treats a wide range of shoulder injuries, using state-of-the-art orthopaedic procedures. He can help you retain a flexible shoulder, so you can enjoy the activities of your life.
So when is it time to see your orthopaedic surgeon for a shoulder injury? You should seek medical treatment if:
- You heard your shoulder pop due to an injury or accident; this could be a sign of a rotator cuff injury or joint dislocation.
- Your shoulder has lost strength; a weakened shoulder can be a sign you have ruptured or torn your rotator cuff.
- Your shoulder feels unstable; instability could be a sign your shoulder is dislocated. Your shoulder may go back into its original position right after your injury, but if it doesn’t, it’s time to see Dr. Pollock.
- You notice a bump on the top of your shoulder that is extremely painful; this could mean that your shoulder joint is injured or you have separated your shoulder.
- Your collarbone is painful; if you notice pain in your clavicle after an injury, it could mean you have fractured your collarbone.
If you notice any of the signs or symptoms listed above, it’s time to see your Bergen County orthopaedic surgeon. Dr. Pollock is an expert at healing an injured shoulder.
Your shoulder is important, and you need to be able to use it. You need to restore strength, flexibility, and range-of-motion, and your orthopaedic surgeon can help. To find out more about orthopaedic shoulder injury treatments and services, call Dr. Roger Pollock in Bergen County, NJ, at (201) 612-9774. Call now!