Posts for tag: Shoulder Dislocation
Dr. Roger Pollock, of Bergen County, NJ, provides his patients with the therapy they need, especially if they've dislocated a limb, like their shoulder.
A dislocation is when a part of the bone disengages from the shoulder blade's socket. Shoulders have a risk of dislocating because they're most mobile joint.
How do people dislocate their shoulder?
There are several ways people may dislocate their shoulder:
While playing a game of football, soccer, or other sports, injuries are a likely outcome. If you've been in some sort of sports accident and have persistent shoulder pain, then you may have dislocated your shoulder.
You need to visit your Bergen County doctor if you're experiencing any of the following symptoms include:
- severe pain
- loss of mobility in shoulder
- swelling or bruising
- a noticeable difference between the injured shoulder and the other one
- weakness that runs from your shoulders down your arm
- muscle spasms
Dr. Roger Pollock is an orthopaedic shoulder doctor who deals in preventative and diagnostic care. He treats shoulder dislocations according to your specific health needs. The specific treatment plan you'll need depends on the severity of the dislocation you experience.
- simple manipulative techniques may gently guide the shoulder back into place
- wearing a splint for to prevent the shoulder from moving around
- multiple dislocations may result in surgery
If you suspect that you have a shoulder dislocation, limit shoulder movement to prevent worsening symptoms. Other tips to reduce problems include:
- immobilizing your arm
- don't place the shoulder back into the socket yourself
- take a painkiller and apply ice to dull symptoms
If you're interested in treatments for shoulder dislocation, Dr. Roger Pollock, can help. His office is located in Bergen County, NJ, and his office phone is (201) 612-9774. Please don't hesitate to call your doctor if you need help. Your health is a priority!