Posts for category: General
How your orthopaedic surgeon in Bergen County, NJ, can help you
If you have a shoulder injury, you may be tempted to just sit on the couch. The truth is, inactivity can make an injured area stiff, and you can lose mobility and range-of-motion. A better solution is to seek out the services of your Bergen County orthopaedic surgeon.
Dr. Roger Pollock in Bergen County, NJ, treats a wide range of shoulder injuries, using state-of-the-art orthopaedic procedures. He can help you retain a flexible shoulder, so you can enjoy the activities of your life.
So when is it time to see your orthopaedic surgeon for a shoulder injury? You should seek medical treatment if:
- You heard your shoulder pop due to an injury or accident; this could be a sign of a rotator cuff injury or joint dislocation.
- Your shoulder has lost strength; a weakened shoulder can be a sign you have ruptured or torn your rotator cuff.
- Your shoulder feels unstable; instability could be a sign your shoulder is dislocated. Your shoulder may go back into its original position right after your injury, but if it doesn’t, it’s time to see Dr. Pollock.
- You notice a bump on the top of your shoulder that is extremely painful; this could mean that your shoulder joint is injured or you have separated your shoulder.
- Your collarbone is painful; if you notice pain in your clavicle after an injury, it could mean you have fractured your collarbone.
If you notice any of the signs or symptoms listed above, it’s time to see your Bergen County orthopaedic surgeon. Dr. Pollock is an expert at healing an injured shoulder.
Your shoulder is important, and you need to be able to use it. You need to restore strength, flexibility, and range-of-motion, and your orthopaedic surgeon can help. To find out more about orthopaedic shoulder injury treatments and services, call Dr. Roger Pollock in Bergen County, NJ, at (201) 612-9774. Call now!